A quick look at my little world.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Overwhelmed, a bit - 2007 is here!

I was reading my friend Rick's blog and he was reflecting on 2006. I've done that ... some, probably not enough, but I have been looking ahead to 2007. I've been working on my calendar (Fusion Live services, activities, special events, dates with my wife, etc. - that is not some kind of order --> Rhonda and family comes first!) Anyway, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I've got some extra duties at church now and some extra things I feel that is necessary and some of those I feel like I should "spearhead." SO... what do I feel like God is saying to me for 2007? Evaluate & Choose. I need to make wise decisions with what is important and what I should be doing. In my mentor group, we are reading "Now, Discover Your Strengths" by Marcus Buckingham & Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D. (note: this is a great book for any professional - church pastor, business person, etc.). The point is to emphasize your strengths, play to them. Don't spend all your time working on your weaknesses, beef up your strengths - that's the way God made you and that is were you will succeed and grow. Read the book. As of now... here is my plan.


1. look over what I do and decide what is important

2. evaluate what I'm gifted for, where my passions are in that list

3. what can I empower others to do - especially the things I do not do well or am not gifted for

4. plan my time more wisely (study time, office work, down time, family time, etc.)

5. read more and loose weight!


Sounds like New Year's Resolutions. Ut-oh! The kiss of death? No! I do plan to take a step back and evaluate what I do. I think that is what God is speaking to me... "Jeff, what are you doing and why?"

I'm sure I'll be adding and adjusting my "list" and I spend time on it.

1 comment:

Rick Womack said...

I heard this guy @ Catalyst '06 - really good stuff!
Hey check out my 5 'H's' and help me out with them...