A quick look at my little world.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Just a game, right?


OK, I'm a bit down right now. Why? UNC lost it's second game in a row. They should be atop the ACC list and #2 in the nation, but NO - they lost to Maryland and Georgia Tech. They've got one game left - Duke. I think it is possible for them to fall out of the top 3 in the ACC. BUT, it's only a game, right? Well, NOT if you are a fan. So what do you do - keep pulling for your team.



Of course they get another chance to "prove" themselves Sunday in their final ACC regular season game against Duke. Then it's off to the ACC Championship in Florida and then the big dance, the NCAAs. Well, here's to hoping... go 'Heels!


I had a Church Education Ministries Board meeting last night too. We talked mostly about Sunday School. Ours is a bit down. We want to do something to "pick it up." We talked about a bunch of different things. Right now we are going to pray and meet again at the end of the month. Do we give up on Sunday School? No, we keep pulling for Sunday School, praying for it, looking for a way to give it some new life.

I'm a little down right now. I think it is partly my team, UNC, AND partly my church - it's a bit down right now too - but they will both make a come back... that is for sure! Thanks for listening.

If you have any advice on Sunday School, what's working for your church - I'd love to hear it!

____________________
From one of my favorite funny lists: Mikeys Funnies

Census Taker: "How many children do you have?"
Woman: "Four."
Census Taker: "May I have their names, please?"
Woman: "Eenee, Meenee, Minee and George."
Census Taker: "Okay, that's fine. But may I ask why you named your fourth child George?"
Woman: "Because we didn't want any Moe."

today'sTHOT
The trouble with doing
something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.

No comments: