A quick look at my little world.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Been away... now back

I've been on vacation! Great time with the family. We went to Hershey, PA. We stayed at The Suites at Hershey. Hershey World was first on the list. You gotta go. Big Fun! We also hit most of the Amish spots (Lancaster, PA; Bird-in-Hand, PA; Intercourse, PA; Farmers Market, etc.). And YES! we ate good! We were there for week. Drove up after the morning Easter service at Shiloh and left to come home the following Sunday afternoon. It was good to get back to my lazy-boy.

Lots gone in since my last post:

Imus - said nasty, racial stuff - should be punished. BUT, would this be the same if the race roles were reversed? Why do rappers and other "musicians" get to say basically the same things and it is OK? Who is going to tackle that one?

A buddy of mine tackled this one too, good writing Rick.

VT - sadness struck hard. It is a time of morning. I wish I had words of wisdom to offer, but all I can do is pray for the victims families, friends and the students at VT. May God comfort you, wrap His love around you in a way only He can. Darien said it well, when he said,

"Today we pray that in the aftermath of this tragedy God's grace would meet us all in our point of need. Whether it is to mourn the loss of a loved one, deal with the reality that it could have been us, or lift up those who will lead funerals and memorial services. May God be glorified and His peace reign in the hearts of those who trust Him."

OK, that's all for now. I've got more (some really cool and relevant videos) - check back, but I'm tired. Maybe more in a little while.

No comments: