A quick look at my little world.

Monday, June 11, 2007

The Latest

The latest what? I guess the latest about me, of course! It's been a while since my last post. I just get busy and then when I sit down to post, something else comes up, usually like ready everyone else's postings. That really eats your time. BUT, I get to read some really good ones.

One I read today compared the fastfood pictues to the real thing. You've got to check this out.

More? Here you go... (this is isn't all, I just don't want you to fall asleep at your computer and drool all over your keyboard - ewwww)

  • Sunday (June 10) was Grad. Sunday. I got to preach even though it was our new pastor's second Sunday with us. What a cool honor. I used a bicycle in my sermon: Bicycle of Life: Getting Ready for a Brand New Journey. Here it is in a nutshell (without scripture refs. sorry. If you want them, just let me know). Wheels = Faith (got to have your own and keep them pumped up - I gave each grad a bike pump with "Faith" written on it.) Peddles = Action (get involved, go somewhere, enjoy life) Handlebars & Breaks = Direction & Choices (life is about choices, make good ones) Balance (control your life) The Journey ahead. The we prayed for each grad.
  • Sunday night in Fusion Life (youth service) I used each of the grads favorite verse to talk about life. They really picked some good ones. They also submitted some quotes. One of my favorites what by Justin. He said, "God created us all to be superman, we have to choose to wear the S." That is so cool. God doesn't make any junk or mistakes - but we sure can make it look that way when we are outside of his will.
  • Mine and Rhonda's anniversary is coming up - tomorrow - 14 years! I've got some special stuff planned - very creative this year (no, that doesn't mean cheap). I'll share more later - Rhonda may read my blog... but I doubt it.
  • We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End on opening night - I thought is was very good - a bit slow at the beginning, but it picked up nicely. Maybe a #4 coming. I hope so. Next big movie: Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer! Maybe taking the youth group boys. And YES, my wife is planning to see it with me too. She is so cool!
  • UNC is in the College World Series! Is your team? Did you know that colleges play more than Football and Basketball? UNC is thinking about having a football team next year (ha ha ha). Go Heels!
  • Took my 2 kids to the dentist today. No cavities AND the dentist and hygienist are both Heels fans.
  • Did some downloading from iTunes this weekend. (hey, someone send me an iPod or at least some iTunes gift certs. - that would be nice). I downloaded some songs to used for the Grad. Picture Show (makes moms cry to see their babies all growing up). Here is my list... don't judge me...

I Still Believe - Jeremy Camp
What If - Jadon Lavik
Raging Sea - Michael W. Smith
How to Say Goodbye - Michael W. Smith
The Power of a Moment - Chris Rice ** This is the song we used**
Where You Lead Me - MercyMe
Follow Your Dreams - Raze
Smellin' Coffee - Chris Rice
8th Grade - Chris Rice
He Believes In You - Aaron Benward
Lifesong - Casting Crowns
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper -- yes, I'm a closet Cyndi Lauper fan, now the word is out --
Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
She Bop - Cyndi Lauper
You're the Inspiration - Chicago

The first two, I'd downloaded several months ago for different youth services. The last few were, well, old memories. BTW: That is my whole iTunes list.

Here's an idea: post your last 10 iTunes downloads! Tag, your it.

That's all for now. My next post will be #100. I can sense your excitement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, I like the bike illustration and other subjects on your blog and would like to exchange links with you!
If you are interested you can visit our directory here:
Free Christian Resource Directory
It would be great to add your Blog to our directory!
In His name,
Markus

Rick Womack said...

great post...like the illustrated sermon you did...

on another note, i'm very disappointed that as a former roommie, i never knew of your closet cyndi lauper obsession - i'm calling the conf. office to see about having your credentials revoked!