A quick look at my little world.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

48 minutes and 12

I came across this post about the power or "magic" of 48. The bottom line of the article was that you set a timer and work steady at a project for 48 minutes and then get up, stretch, get a drink, go to the bathroom, etc. for the next 12 minutes and then repeat. Some of the emphasis also seemed to be on doing something different in the next "48" block. For me, maybe work on my youth sermon for "48" and then check email, stretch my legs and all for the next "12." Then, I guess, I'd hit another project. Sounds good. I'll let you know how it works... although it didn't take into account all the interruptions in the office. Hmmmm. Problem is, sometimes it seems like there are 48 interruptions.

Also, taking the family and the youth group to see the
UNC girl's play basketball tonight. They are ranked #2 in the nation and playing Georgia Tech. Should be good... unless you're a GT fan, then ... sorry.

Go Heels!

No comments: