A quick look at my little world.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Little Update

So much has been going on lately. Here is a short rundown.

We have a new pastor, Rev. T. Elwood Long. He was my pastor in the late 80's at Mt. Carmel and then our Conference Superintendent after that for 11 years. In fact, he was the superintendent when I received my minister's license and then my ordination 2 years later. I'm excited to be working with him. He has much wisdom.

Memorial Day was nice. That was the Sunday the church voted on Pastor Long. We did not have an evening service, so we had some extra family time.

School is almost out and my daughter is VERY excited. We are fixing snow cones for her class Monday.

Graduation Sunday is June 10th. No, I'm not ready. I get to preach Grad. Sunday, but I've got other things to prepare for that Sunday too - senior picture show is the biggest deal.

We start a new Sunday School and Kid's Zone schedule Sunday - for the summer. All the adults will be meeting together for Sunday School. The teachers will rotate through the summer. The kids will all meet together from Sunday School (9:45 AM) through the end of morning worship (about noon). We are using a VBS program and building around that. I will be an exciting summer.

I guess that's enough for now.

No comments: