A quick look at my little world.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I mowed and weekeated the back yard this morning. It was looking pretty bad. I used the weedeater around the back of the house, the shed and the kids playset. It got pretty hot out there too. It looks good now. The problem is if you go look, you'd say, "looks good." BUT, if you saw it before I started and then now, you'd say, "looks GREAT." I guess that is another "perspective" deal.

My in-laws are in town. We'll have dinner with them tonight. That will be nice.

Rhonda and I watched Robots last night. I loved it. Of course it was a bit cheesy in some parts, but FUNNY. Have you seen it? Check it out.

I read something interesting in a blog today (Josh Griffin). He said that a study says that if you don't update every 36 hours (blog, website, etc.) then you are out of date. That is pretty tight.

What about your relationship with Jesus. How often to you update that? Once a week? Twice? Are you up-t0-date? Makes you think... even in the summer.

2 comments:

Rick Womack said...

Just came across this within the last couple - its the "flipside of the coin" to what you posted - I prefer to take this approach...

Post frequency could add to the clutter

I blog in spurts; posting only when I'm inspired, frustrated or responding to a frequently asked question. Generally, in between those times, you'll hear the sounds of crickets from my site. Don't look here for your daily dose of wisdom or hot news.

I used to joke around about my amateur blogging method because I didn't have posts on a daily or even weekly basis. And, then, early last month my friend Jason affirmed me by sharing a new perspective. He read an article about how post frequency doesn't matter like it did in the early blogging days. I resonated most with:

* The blogosphere doubles in size every 6 months and cutting through the clutter is more difficult with daily posts.
* Traffic doesn't make a blog successful, engaging your audience (which may be narrow and focused) does.
* Loyal readers remain loyal because they subscribe to your blog, not because you post frequently.
* The pressure of frequent posting has the potential to drive poor content quality.
* Frequent posting could push corporate bloggers into the hands of PR agencies. That decreases authenticity and creditability.

So, there it happened--in an instant--I went from amateur blogger to strategic blogging genius. In an instant. From zero to hero. Jason, you're swell.

Unknown said...

Great stuff ... like to see both sides, love the parallel to spiritual life as well. JG